Are you tasked to implement the crisis management (CM) plan for your organisation? Do you want to know what is the content of a typical CM plan? The setting up of a crisis management plan can be a draughting task and attend a specific course that meets this requirement is designed and developed to meet this requirement.
Crisis Management Implementer or CM-300 is a 2-day intermediate course with a two and half hour 100 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) based examinations, following the successful completion of the course. The course is an experiential facilitated workshop led by experienced and practicing professionals who have to manage the CM program and implement CM plans for their own organizations.
Usually, the crisis management (CM) team consist of the senior management team who will make the decisions, however, the implementation, maintenance and coordination of the crisis response rest on the shoulders of the designated Organisation BCM Coordinator and the appointed BCM team.
Starting Your Crisis Management Journey
This intermediate-level course is suitable for professionals assigned roles and responsibilities to support or to manage their respective functional areas within the CM program for your organization. The intermediate course emphasized on the grounding of the CM knowledge, the structure for the design and development of the CM effort of the organization and the integration of the other plans.
Upgrading for BCM Professionals
This course is appropriate for organizations embarking on its crisis management journey after the completion of its Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Disaster Recovery (DR) implementation effort. In order for all of the members of the crisis management team and its supporting contingent to implement a coherent plan, this course will help ground all the designated (core or supporting) members to have the correct knowledge to implementing its respective specific area of the crisis management plan. For those organizations who already have a CM plan, the participants will take away and use the toolkits and knowledge to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of their CM program.
Tools and templates will be provided to develop specific crisis management plans and the key is to contextualize to your environment. Using a case study and experience sharing by the facilitator, this course has been recommended by past participants to be a practical course that will take the participants through the proper implementation of a CM plan.
Participants will emerge with a clear understanding on the expectation of crisis management (CM) and its processes. These includes the understanding of the following:
- Understand the key activities and deliverable of the CM planning methodology.
- Assemble the crisis management team members.
- Assess the risk and threats (crisis scenarios) such as riots, cybersecurity attacks, supply chain disruptions and product recalls.
- Learn to track and trace incident events and prioritize decisions and activities.
- Link crisis communications (CC) to complement the crisis management efforts to communicate within and external to the organization.
- Have a clear view of the command and control activities and efforts within the command centres.
- Coordinate with external agencies and local authorities.
- Test and exercise the crisis management plan.
- Manage the crisis management together with other plans such as BC, CCand DR.
Who Should Attend?
- Novice professionals designated for crisis management (CM) roles and responsibilities.
- Experienced CM professionals who want to have a formal walkthrough and a complete understanding of his/her organisation CM effort.
- Appointed members of the CM team who is updating, reviewing and managing the CM plan.
- Appointed member who is managing the command centre operations/ emergency operations centre.
- Novice and newly appointed CM and support teams members who need to upgrade the CM skill and knowledge within a limited time span.
- Organisation Business Continuity Management (BCM) Managers/ Coordinators who need to integrate and train the CM team.
- Security, Facility, Administration, Crisis Communication (CC), IT Disaster Recovery (DR) and other designated Team Leaders who are members of the CM support and Operations team.
What is the Certification Awarded?
CM Certified Specialist (CMCS) Certification is awarded to participants who successfully completed and passed the Qualifying CMCS examination attached to the course, sends in an application detailing at least 1 year of CM experience , make the application processing fee payment of SGD75 and satisfies and meets the experience requirements of the independent certification body.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- What is a competency-based training versus certification course training?
- Should I attempt the WSQ BCM course or BCM Institute's Certification courses?
- Can I have this course conducted in-house for all of my unit-level coordinators?
If you would like to continue to know more about your crisis management learning journey, click on the button below.