Setup and Activate Command Centre
A Command Centre is a pre-prepared facility that provides centralized command and control by the Crisis Management Team during a disaster or crisis.
Condition for Activation of Command Centre
Scenario 1: Once the Damage Assessment Team (DAT) has confirmed that the organization will be relocated to an alternate site, the Command Centre Operation Team (CCO) Team Leader will act to set up the Command Centre at the alternate site.
Scenario 2: If a crisis occurs and it does not disrupt the primary site, the CCO Team Leader will start to get the existing Command Centre operational for occupation by the CM Team and the CCO Team.
- Arrive at Command Centre by the CCO Team Leader or alternate.
- Initiate initial notification calls tree by the CCO Team Leader. Any critical employees unable to be reached should be identified, and the list should be given to the CCO Team Coordinator on a problem form/log.
- Check telephones and notebooks for any problems that have been identified on the problem.
- Pick up supplies or any missing or additional supplies identified on the problem form/log.
- Reports have been picked up, and any missing reports have been identified on the problem.
Goh, M. H. (2016). A Manager’s Guide to Implement Your Crisis Management Plan. Business Continuity Management Specialist Series (1st ed., p. 192). Singapore: GMH Pte Ltd.
Extracted from Appendix 7: Setup Command Centre
Find out more about Blended Learning CM-300 [BL-CM-3] & CM-5000 [BL-CM-5]
|Please feel free to send us a note if you have any of these questions|