Establish Corporate Communication
The Command Centre should:
Establish communication across the entire corporation and beyond; and
- Gather frontline information from all quarters and proactively broadcast messages to all concerned.
Implement IM Plans
The CCO Team will:
- Start with an orientation and training program for employees and partners;
- Advise Crisis Management (CM) Team and IM Team on its incident management plans; and
- Teach the team how they are to submit incident reports.
The ideal information system would turn every desktop into the organization and across related organizations into an intelligence-gathering station.
This system makes it easy for individuals from every department to quickly and accurately report on their progress using agreed-upon checklists or issue early warnings when they see indications of trouble.
Their reports should be forwarded directly to the Command Centre, where they can be analyzed and, if necessary, entered into an incident log for tracking.
Maintain Two-way Communications
- Develop a structured mechanism for receiving and sending information;
- Maintain a categorization for routing of trouble reports to the appropriate CCO Team Members in the Command Centre;
- Implement a system for employees, customers, and partners to notify the Command Centre of any potential problems;
- Ensure that CCO Team Members in the Command Centre can centrally receive and evaluate this event information from both inside and outside the organization; and
- Implement a mechanism to help manage real-time information and keep records of events as they unfold.
Automated Response and Recovery Checklists
- Perform this for all of the major functions to ensure that the recovery is complete;
- Maintain and ensure that an automated checklist is in the hands of the right person anywhere and everywhere in the organization; and
- Make it easy for them to send the checklist results as data and makes it easy for managers to see the progress in executive reports.
Track Alert Notifications
The team needs to have a sophisticated message sorting and distribution capability so managers can track and log multiple and varied notifications and ensure that the correct information gets to the right individual.
Goh, M. H. (2016). A Manager’s Guide to Implement Your Crisis Management Plan. Business Continuity Management Specialist Series (1st ed., p. 192). Singapore: GMH Pte Ltd.
Extracted from Chapter 16: Communicate and Gather Information
Find out more about Blended Learning CM-300 [BL-CM-3] & CM-5000 [BL-CM-5]
|Please feel free to send us a note if you have any of these questions to firstname.lastname@example.org|