Published Year: 2015
This manager's guide series focusing on crisis management (CM) will provide an overview on how a CM framework is developed, how it relates to business continuity management, how to categorize, analyze and assess the different types of crises scenarios and how to identify, prioritize and implement crisis strategy. Readers will be taught on how crisis management teams are established and the implementation of alternative responses and procedures to a crisis.
Why Read This Book?
This book will help you to prepare and implement Crisis Management initiatives for your organization. It will cover all the key components of CM planning, and every task that has to be undertaken to complete a CM plan will be explained in detail. You will learn to:
- Realize the importance of crisis management in the current economy.
- Understand how to comprehend and manage social issues arising from a crisis situation.
- Set up an efficient and effective CM Planning Team.
- Assess the impact of a crisis on key stakeholders and interested parties.
- Identify and quantify risks (threats and crisis scenarios).
- Assess risks associated with interested parties such as suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Avoid the consequences of crisis situations.
- Understand how critical operations are identified and embedded into the CM process.
- Execute steps and options for crisis strategy.
- Select crisis prevention and response strategy.
- Develop a CM plan based on best practice tools and techniques.
- Understand when to invoke a CM plan.
- Describe who should be part of the CM team.
- Describe what immediate actions should take place in the event of an incident.
- Create personal, and business action plans to prevent or alleviate potential problems.
- Build effective triage teams.
- Identify techniques for damage control and crisis escalation.
- Describe the relationship between incident management IIM) and crisis management.
- Use effective techniques for prioritizing an extensive list of ongoing problems.
- Ensure effective communication with internal and external stakeholders in times of crisis.
- Establish a Crisis Communication (CC) Plan under the umbrella of crisis Management.
- Apply scenario planning to prepare for unexpected crisis events.
- Test and rehearse the CM and CC Plans.
- Incorporate collaboration as a means of keeping the business alive.
- Transform a crisis into an opportunity to enhance corporate reputation.
- Manage a comprehensive and effective CM system.
Purchase from CM Institute Book Store: A Manager's Guide to Implement Your Crisis Management Plan
Find out more about Blended Learning CM-300 [BL-CM-3] & CM-5000 [BL-CM-5]
To know more about our blended learning crisis management certification program and when the next course is scheduled, feel free to contact our friendly course consultant colleagues via firstname.lastname@example.org. They are the BL-CM-3 Blended Learning CM-300 Crisis Management Implementer and the BL-CM-5 Blended Learning CM-5000 Crisis Management Expert Implementer.
|Please feel free to send us a note if you have any of these questions to email@example.com|