Welcome to BCM Institute's frequently asked questions (FAQ) page on the DRP-5000: IT DR Expert Implementer course.
This course leads to the DR Certified Expert (DRCE) certification.
What is included in the course fee?
When you are attending the course, the fee includes
- The courseware (handbook) and a dictionary.
- The refreshment which includes the morning and afternoon tea-break.
- A lunch at the hotel or nearby restaurant.
After the course, the fee will include:
- A qualifying DR Certified Expert (DRCE) examination.
- A qualifying DRCE re-examination (If necessary).
However, the application fee for DRCE application processing fees is not included as part of the course fees.
For participants attending this course in another country, the accommodation and flight to the country are not inclusive.
Do I have to complete any IT DR courses or pre-requisite before joining the DRP-5000 course?
- Participants who are new to DR or with less than one year of DR experience will be awarded the DR Certified Expert (DRCE) certificate by attending this DRP-5000 course, while those with more than 1 year but less than 3 years experience may apply for the DR Certified Expert (DRCE).
- Experienced professionals with 3 years or more experience, from the security, risk management, facility, IT security, business operations who have direct or indirect responsibilities are encouraged to apply for their DR Certified Expert (DRCE) certification after completed the online exam.
I have difficulty attending this course for 4 1/2 day, can I attend it in a shorter period?
This course can be attended in two installment, it is the DRP-300 and followed by another DRP-400 course. Do note that the fee is higher as you are attending two separate courses leading to the expert certification.
Do I need to complete the DRCE exam?
- Yes you do as this would allow you to obtain an internationally recognized BCM certification.
- Passing of the exams allows you to be certified as a DR Certified Expert (DRCE)
- Do note that the exam fees is inclusive whether you take it or not. Therefore, the absence from examination cannot be deducted from the course fees.
What happens if I fail the DRCE exam?
- Your course fees allow you one complimentary re-try of the examinations.
- We would encourage you to re-take the examinations within a month from your first try.
- The complimentary re-examination will void after 90 days from the first attempt.
Let us know if you need further clarifications, we'll be glad to help!
For further understanding of this course, reading this article on if you would like to continue to know more about your IT Disaster Recovery journey, click "Building Your IT Disaster Recovery And Resiliency Management Program" it's may help you more.