This is an advanced level IT disaster recovery (IT DR) course. This is often the second installment of the the advanced level DRP-5000 IT DR Expert Implementer course. If you are selecting this course, it is assumed that you have completed the DRP-300 IT DR Implementer course already.
If you have not attended the prerequisite, you may want to proceed to the DRP-300 IT DR Implementer course or alternative, proceed with the advanced level DRP-5000 IT DR Expert Implementer course.
This course is intended for experienced IT disaster recovery (DR) planners. It is also designed for IT professionals who has minimal DR experience and would like to have an in-depth understanding of this subject.
The main difference is that IT professionals with does not have the required years of IT DR planning experience will need to accumulate the necessary experience before they are awarded with the “Expert” certification.
All aspects of IT DR planning will be discussed. Participants will be guided to review each stage of the DR Planning (DRP) Methodology and the process will include all aspects of creating the DR plan. The course concludes with the understanding on the need for exercising and maintaining the DR plan.
This course is a 2-day coursework and a 3-1/2 hour qualifying DR Certified Expert (DRCE) Examination to be taken on the following day
The award of this certification is similar to those who have completed the DRP-5000 IT DR Expert Implementer course. The DR Certified Expert (DRCE) Certification is awarded to participants who successfully completed and passed the Qualifying DRCE examination attached to the course, sends in an application detailing at least 3 year of DR experience , make the application processing fee payment of SGD 150 and satisfies and meets the experience requirements of the independent certification body.
This course will provide participants with the concept and knowledge, which will enable them to:
- Identify the threats that affect the IT and business environment and its countermeasures.
- Have a thorough understanding of the DR Planning Methodology from a program management perspective.
- Conduct an application impact analysis for an organization with alignment to the business impact analysis report.
- Develop and implement business and IT recovery strategies.
- Understand the deployment of cloud, virtualization and technology recovery strategy.
- Have an understanding on the management of cyber attacks and incidents.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis for strategies and alternate site selection.
- Consolidate and implement a comprehensive IT DR plan.
- Create and develop IT DR awareness and training program.
- Conduct exercises and tests.
- Integrate business continuity with the IT DR initiatives.
- Sustain an effective organisation-wide IT DR program.
Who Should Attend?
- Participants should possess at least one year of IT or related experience especially in the area of IT disaster recovery. (Participants who are new to BC or with less than one year of BC, CM or DR experience will be awarded the Disaster Recovery Certified Planner (DRCP) certificate while those with more than 1 year but less than 3 years experience may apply for the Disaster Recovery Certified Specialist (DRCS)
- Experienced professionals with 3 years or more experience, from the security, risk management, facility, IT security, business operations who have direct or indirect responsibilities are encouraged to attend and apply for their Disaster Recovery Certified Expert (DRCE) certification.
- The prerequisite is DRP-300 IT Disaster Recovery Implementer or DR Certified Specialist (DRCS).
This course incorporates a 150-Multiple Choice Question electronic exam on the next day. The duration of examination is 3 and 1/2 hour. Candidates who achieve with a passing score of 75% or higher are eligible to apply for the BCM Institute’s Disaster Recovery Certified Expert (DRCE) accreditation. The examination fee is included as part of the course fee.
Course fee is payable at Singapore dollar SGD 2,200.
This course fee does not include application processing fee for the DRCE certification.
Attendees who are not citizens of the host country will pay the full Singapore fees.
SGD 150 Certification Fees are to be paid during application after participants has passed their Qualifying DRCE exam.
The course fee includes the DRCE examination fee.
Lastly, if you would like to continue to know more about your IT Disaster Recovery journey, click "Building Your IT Disaster Recovery And Resiliency Management Program"