Is this the Right Course for You?
Are you the executive who is being placed in charge of your organization’s BCM program and plans? Do you seek to upgrade your BCM competency to implement and manage the BCM project or program? Have you been involved in BCM during your previous organization but not in the current capacity? Do you want to know what is the gap in your BCM knowledge and expertise?
Meanwhile, due to COVID-19 outbreak, this course is now available in its "Blended Learning" form. Click icon on left to read more on BL-B-5 or BCM-5000 Blended Learning.
If any of the questions is your concern, you may seriously want to consider signing up for this 4 intensive days holistic ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System course. It is followed by a 3-1/2 hour assessment (better known as certification examination).
There is no pre-requisite to attend this advanced level course and you do not need to attend the BCM-300 course prior to this course. This is the only difference:
- Experienced BCM professionals: If you complete the course and passed the certification examination, participant with verifiable 3 years or more BCM-related experience can proceed to apply for the expert level certification.
- Professionals with less than 1 year of experience: While, those with lesser than 1 year of BCM experience, you can proceed to apply for the specialist level certification. Do note that when you have achieve the 3 years or more years of BCM-related experience, there is no requirement to sit for the any course or examination to apply for the expert level certification.
How is the Course Structured?
Participants get to enjoy a structured and thorough ISO 22301 business continuity management (BCM) system understanding to implement and maintain their BCM plans. The course takes its cue from the globally recognized 7 BCM Body of Knowledge or BCM BOK implementation methodology.
Essential steps of developing business continuity (which includes disaster recovery) strategies would be shared. Design and implementation of BC plans would also be facilitated in a hands-on 1-day workshop (during the second day of the course). Tips and best practices for preparing and conducting awareness and training programs are also part of the curriculum.
It is useful to highlight that BCM-5000 ISO22301 BCMS Expert Implementer is the BCM-300 ISO22301 BCMS Implementer course combined with the BCM-400 ISO22301 BCMS Manager course.
Though, this course is aligned to the ISO 22301 BCMS standard as it is always useful to know that you are applying good international practices. For those participants whose organization is regulated, this course will allow you to focus on implementing an effective BCM project and subsequently, to established it as a BCM program.
Skillsets they would gain include project management, risk analysis and review, business impact analysis, recovery strategy, plan development, testing and exercising, and program management.
On completion of the course, participants should have acquired the skills and understanding to be able to drive complex BCM programs and BC projects for the entire organization. A 3-1/2 hour, 150 online MCQ examination would be administered at the end of the course to test their understanding of the concepts taught.
This course will provide participants with the concept and knowledge, which will enable them to:
- Identify possible threats that may disrupt critical business functions in the organisation.
- Strengthen organisational resiliency to counter major incidents and disaster.
- Identify and analyse business requirements to recover critical business function.
- Develop business continuity and recovery strategies.
- Develop and implement comprehensive BC plans (Both corporate and business unit level)
- Create and develop BCM awareness and training programme.
- Conduct exercises and tests.
- Implement BCM audit and assessment programmes to ensure BC plan effectiveness.
- Drive organisation-wide BCM program.
- Ensure effective program management on an ongoing basis.
Detailed Course Content
If you want to find out more about the content for each day of the course, click on the buttons (Day 1 to Day 4) below to view the detailed course content of each day.
The Business Continuity Certified Expert (BCCE) Certification would be awarded to participants who successfully completed and passed the Qualifying BCCE examination attached to the course, sends in an application detailing at least 3 year of BC experience , make the application processing fee payment of SGD150 and satisfies and meets the experience requirements of the independent certification body.
Frequently Asked Questions [BCM-5000]
Please feel free to send us a note if you have any of these questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to continue to know more about your business continuity management learning journey, click on the button below.