Congratulations on Your Passing of Certification Examination
You have successfully completed our certification course and examination and now is the time to verify your experience to match the appropriate certification.
Our certifications are available for all business continuity management (BCM) professionals who would like to get their experience and competency validated by an independent and senior BCM industry professionals serving on BCM Institute's certification committee.
Our certifications are available for all BCM (bearing in mind that it is more than only business continuity) professionals. The level of certification includes the (Business Continuity Certified) Planner, Specialist and Expert Level.
Here, we able to advise you on ways to obtain your business continuity management certification.
Attending and Passing the Examination
Upon attending any of our BCM courses we offer, you must pass your examination.
For other than the Business Continuity Certified Planner (BCCP) certification, you will be awarded the certification upon passing of the BCCP exam. Do note that you have met the "Know" Competency as stipulated by BCM Institute competency level.
As for the Business Continuity Certified Specialist (BCCS) and Expert (BCCE) levels, you are required to send in an application form detailing your experience in BCM in relation to BCM Body of Knowledge (or what is known as BoK) which you can easily make reference to via our BCMpedia website. Don't forget to pay the application fee before submitting your completed forms.
What are the Pre-requisites to Obtain Each Certification?
Business Continuity Certified Planner (BCCP)
- You are required to attend and complete the BCM-200: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System Planner course
- Pass the Qualifying BCCP e-examination
- Complete the e-learning "Fundamentals BCM Package" or
- Complete the e-learning Fundamentals ISO 22301 Package. This package provide additional knowledge (as two modules) on Program and Project Management as compared to the "Fundamentals BCM Package".
- Pass the Qualifying BCCP e-examination
Business Continuity Certified Specialist (BCCS)
- Attend and Complete the BCM-300: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) Implementer course;
- Pass the Qualifying BCCS examination;
- Have at least one year of BCM professional experience;
- Be able to describe at least 3 BCM related Body of Knowledge (BoK)
- Send in the SGD 75 BCCS Certification Application Processing Fees
Business Continuity Certified Expert (BCCE)
- Attend and Complete the BCM-400: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) Manager or
- BCM-5000: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) Expert Implementer course
- Pass the Qualifying BCCE examination;
- Have at least three years of BCM professional experience;
- Be able to describe your implementation and role in at least 5 of the BCM Body of Knowledge (BoK).
- Send in the SGD 150 BCCE Certification Application Processing Fees
Submitting the Application Form
- Upon passing your qualifying examination, you will receive an email from our Certification Team that includes a Certification Application form and a Checklist.
- Please ensure to complete the Certification Application form in an editable MS Word document.
Note: If Application From is sent via PDF, we shall request you to resend as an editable MS Word document as we DO NOT accept PDF format
- Submit your completed Certification Application and Checklist forms to email@example.com. It is important for you to ensure that the Application Form is signed and dated.
- Make sure the Certification Application Processing Fee has been paid before submitting.
How Long Would It Take for Me to Gain My Certification?
Well, your application form will be submitted to our Reviewer Board Committee which would then assess your form and if once they are satisfied with all the information and that you've met the conditions set, they would then award you with the relevant certification. Please understand that certifications are then valid for 1 year after which yearly renewals are needed to ensure the validity of the certification.
- 4 weeks for BCCS
- 6 weeks for BCCE
During the application review process, the Certification Review Committee decides whether the Application is:
- Approved (application, experience and education meet requirements)
- Returned for re-submission (an element of the application is missing or does not meet minimum standards for level and may be resubmitted for a lower level) OR
- Rejected (applicant does not meet minimum requirements for level)
How to Know that You Have Been Awarded?
- Successful applicant will receive the e-Certification award from BCM Institute via email.
- The validity of BCM Institute Certification is 1 Year from the date of issue of certificate.
- BCCP Candidates shall receive their E-Certificates within 7 working days from the day they passed their qualifying examination.
Renewal of Certification
Many people came back to us and asks why do we need to renew it on a yearly basis? Why can't we renew it whenever we can? In order to maintain your currency of your certification, the institute keep an list of active certified professionals as they are often being asked from existing and new employers.