This is the continuation course offered by BCM Institute to complete the expert level training. In this introductory page, these are the frequently asked questions on the IT DR Manager course leading to the DR Certified Expert (DRCE) certification.
What is included in the course fee?
When you are attending the course, the fee includes
- the courseware (handbook) and a dictionary
- the refreshment which includes the morning and afternoon tea-break
- a lunch at the hotel or nearby restaurant
After the course, the fee will include:
- a qualifying DRCE examination
- a qualifying DRCE re-examination
However, the application fee for DRCE application processing fees is not included as part of the course fees.
For participants attending this course in another country, the accommodation and flight to the country are not inclusive.
Do I have to complete the DRP-300: IT DR Implementer course prior to joining the DRP-400: IT DR Manager?
- Yes, Participants are to attend and complete the prerequisite DRP-300: IT DR Implementer course before attending this course.
- The DRP-300 course syllabus is actually the day-1 and day-2 content of the DRP-400 course.
Can I attend the DRP-300 course first and join the DRP-400 course later?
- BCM Managers who have completed the prerequisite, DRP-300: IT DR Implementer course are encouraged to attend this follow up course.
- Or get your DRCE Certification by attending 4 day and 1/2 course which is DRP-5000: IT DR Expert Implementer
Do I need to complete the DRCE exams?
- Yes you do as this would allow you to obtain an internationally recognized BCM certification.
- Passing of the exams allows you to be certified as a DR Certified Expert (DRCE).
- Do note that the exam fees is inclusive whether you take it or not. Therefore, the absence from examination cannot be deducted from the course fees.
What happens if I fail the DRCE exam?
- Your course fees allow you one complimentary re-try of the examinations.
- We would encourage you to re-take the examinations within a month from your first try.
- The complimentary re-examination will void after 90 days from the first attempt.
Let us know if you need further clarifications, we'll be glad to help!
For further understanding of this course, reading this article on "Building your IT Disaster Recovery and Resiliency Management Program" may help you more.